BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription allows you to tranfer an unlimited amount of high-resolution satellite images to your Garmin handheld device. The data for this subscription is provided by DigitalGlobe which can be managed and loaded onto your device using Garmin's BaseCamp application.
With BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, youc an load highly-detailed aerial and satellite images to your Garmin handheld device. The geo-referenced images result in real-life photos of buildings, roads, trails and other land features. This helps you get a true representation of your surroundings as you explore. Plus, with 0.5 meter-per-pixel resolution in many areas, and zoom levels from 12 miles to 20 feet, you will have the most highly-detailed maps available. DigitalGlobe continuously expands the coverage areas and imagery quality, which is automatically available to the user during the subscription period. You can also overlay vector maps, such as TOPO US 100K or TOPO US 24K, on your handheld for a better understanding of terrani contours and other topographic features.
Before you can use the BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription, you must have Garmin's free BaseCamp software installed on your computer. To download BaseCamp visit: www.garmin.com/basecamp. You will also need a myGarmin account to register your device in order to activate the subscription. You may create an account during the purchase process.
Use with the following compatible units only: Dakota 10, 20, Colorado 300, 400i, 400c, 400t, Oregon 200, 300, 400t, 400i, 400c, 450, 450t, 550, 550t. Note: The subscription may only be used with one compatible device. Please purchase additional subscriptions for additional devices.
Features and Requirements:
- Transfer an unlimited number of satellite and aerial images to your device during the one year subscription
- High-resolution sub-meter color satellite imagery captures the world in brilliant clarity and detail.
- Allows you to layer the Garmin vector maps on yoru handheld (such as TOPO 100K, TOPO 24K, BlueChart, Inland Lakes or City Navigator NT) with BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for a real-life view or roads, buildings, shoreline and terrain
- Makes it easy for hunters to perform preseason scouting, determine placement of stands and locate game pinch points
- Helps hikers and campers find trails/trailheads and clearings for camping areas
- Lets geocachers determine the terrain type around a cache and identify parking areas close to the caches
- Allows travelers to view tourist hot spots and landmarks from an aerial view to make excursions memorable without gettings lost
- Offers 0.5 meter-per-pixel resolution in many areas with the ability to view on the device at every zoom level
- Lasts one year from activation date. You must renew your subscription after one year.
- Coverage and quality vary by location. Satellite imagery may not cover all areas
- Satellite imagery coverage and quality is updated frequently by DigitalGlobe
- Compatible with PC and Mac.